Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Full set of Voice of the theater speakers for sale

  1. #11
    Inactive Member kingofthesofas's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 30th, 2008
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    huh that's funny because the person selling those horns also referenced the re-issue... guess I'm not the only one doing that

  2. #12
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Full set of Voice of the theater speakers for sale


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by kingofthesofas:
    huh that's funny because the person selling those horns also referenced the re-issue... guess I'm not the only one doing that
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, many people are more interested in attempting to elevate the value of their stuff. I mean, come, it's Ebay. Everything is "rare" or "vintage" or "one of a kind..
    Again, reference a speaker that doesn't sell all you want. I can tell you no regular on any forum I frequent would have ever done that.

    And frankly, the 99.9 % original woofers just plain ain't. It would behoove you to list what drivers are in the A& and "sub" boxes.

    I really don't consider those "subs" at all. They don't go low enough. Just extra woofers.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member kingofthesofas's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 30th, 2008
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm sorry I have more important stuff to do then get all worked up about a pair of speakers. Complain about my posting all you want, in the end I'll get them sold and move on with my life.

  4. #14
    Senior Hostboard Member mah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2008
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    ..........What was that one about the bus driver who swerved to miss a child and then fell off the couch? Someone is missing something here!

  5. #15
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Post

    Oooohhhhhh nooooooooo! Not the six thousand dollar reissues again.

    Since we haven't kicked this dead horse in a while, can anybody out there cite even just one single "re-issue" A7 speaker system that has actually been sold and resides in the possession of the buyer?

    I am not afraid to say that i do not believe many, in fact probably none beyond the dusty photo model have ever been built/sold.

    It seems that by now(at least a couple years later) we'd have seen a post somewhere, from somebody, showing off their shiny new babies.

    However, to this day i have seen not so much as a single blurry cell phone pic of a re-issue A7 aside from the shots of the dusty false flag example on the website. Neither have i read so much as a single post on any of the 5 or 6 audio and pro gear related forums that i frequent about anyone's experience listening to the re-issue.

    My comments/advice to the OP: just describe what YOU have as accurately as you're able, list component model numbers and try to show comprehensive pics that support your description. Forget about mythological 6000 dollar re-issues, spend the time looking at past sales and forum threads where folks have actually purchased and are working with A7's. So long as you're willing to accept FAIR MARKET value for what you have, you should have no problem selling them, there's still plenty of interest and demand for the real stuff.

    The only other tidbit i'd offer is regarding this board.

    Most of the members here are veteran Altec users, several have been directly affiliated with the corporation at one time or another. The knowledge base here is second to none when it comes to Altec gear, you won't get better/more accurate info regarding things like A7's anywhere else on the net.

    A little patience and respect goes a long way with them, and is a pretty meager price to pay for the knowledge they'll freely impart to you.

    Just my .02 y'all understand...............

  6. #16
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Full set of Voice of the theater speakers for sale


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    If honesty is complaining, then there is something wrong with the posting.

    Can we do a reality check here...

    1. You joined just to get a free ad.

    2. You don't give anybody intelligent enough info.

    3. Instead of trying to decide an honest price, you search the net for the absolute highest prices then go after that. So far, you contribute nothing and get a free ad.

    4. Finally, you misrepresent the a7's as being 99.9 % original when a miniscule amount of research would have shown they weren't.


    To sum it all up- you were trying to do the worst kind of business- extract every dollar from an item by exaggerating it's value. You saw that inflated price on nonexistent speakers and had visions of a lot of money dancing in your head. Sorry to bust your bubble, I told you what an honest price is. Even after two here told you the woofers were wrong you still didn't correct the posting as them being original.

    Proper business is a good deal for both sides, not just one side.

  7. #17
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I do not have a horse to kick or a dog to race , or how ever that goes ;^)...

    OG you leftout the one major selling aspect/description to just about everything vintage sold on fleabay ,, "MINTY"...lol


    -chris

  8. #18
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Full set of Voice of the theater speakers for sale


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    How could I ever for get minty?

    Well, I am old. forums

    At least the Ebay guy had sense enough to put his buy it now at 1500 or so.

    This guy here was prolly expecting 3-6 grand.

    "I don't have time to find a vendor"

    A vendor would not even give him his opening bid. As a vendor, I generally pay half of my lowest selling price.

    I don't really have any fight with him. I just told the truth. A fair price for those is $750 to $1500.

    He is the one upset that his bubble broke. I ain't mad, I know who is right.

    And he is still advertising them as original after being told the woofs have been changed.

  9. #19
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by O G:

    I would like anybody who has paid 11 grand for a pair to let us know, I suspect one or two fools have.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I thought $5800 was per pair based on this competitor's review, though Plantronic's site implies each: http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/opera_m12.htm

    If true, then adding in the $300 shipping quoted (probably more now due to recent major fuel price increases) it would still be ~$1688 higher than inflation would indicate based on what I last paid for an unassembled 'pallet' A7-500, though these are apparently much nicer built/finished than the originals, so one can argue they are ~fairly priced.

    Anyway, I sent them an email to confirm its pricing.

    GM

  10. #20
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I saw this guys ebay add while I was @ work, and laughed when he drop the new heritage reference price.

    Then spotting his BIN price I was going to email him , but since I have seen how when people give people like this advice, they try to mark your ebay score, so I passed.

    And true to form he gets miffed when you guys honestly correct him.......glad I did not stick my neck out this and send him a message on ebay,,


    still has anyone queried all the other forums and asked if anyone has purchased these new over priced ones? or admit that they did?


    -chris

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.